- Responsible for the administration of the mechanical corrective maintenance (CM), the troubleshooting and repair of the plants mechanical equipment, such as gas and steam turbines, general valves, gear boxes, etc., and the coordination of external Mechanical
- Maintenance contractors to ensure delivery and compliance with CM work orders, maintenance procedures.
- Accountable for preventive maintenance (PM) and witness the inspections and testing on plants mechanical equipment, manage and coordinate external Mechanical Maintenance contractors to ensure compliance with PM work orders (generated by Planning Department), and maintenance procedures.
- Accountable to manage contract quality and productivity in accordance to the terms & conditions of the contract and advise the Rotating
- Equipment Lead Engineer on any issues. Attend weekly Contract Review Meetings with the contractors to control their time & attendance sheets accuracy, to issue confirmation of verbal instructions (CVI) for non-contractual maintenances, raise purchase requisitions as needed, and negotiate commercial terms accordingly.
- Responsible to raise Plant Equipment Modification (PEM) requests, collect and reconcile new equipment maintenance record data sheets and submit to the Rotating Equipment Lead Engineer for approval, whenever applicable.
- To control parts stock levels, raise material requests in MAXIMO when required to meet the maintenance requirements, and proceeds with material inspections upon delivery.
- Accountable to monitor and control outages, servicing and testing reports for mechanical equipment regularly.
- Accountable for the supervision of the cleanliness of the contractors’ managed workshop and the plant environment, following under safe work practices, and complying with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015; ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Responsible to prepare annual Mechanical Maintenance budget, recommend and submit to Rotating Equipment Lead Engineer, control and optimize the level of expenditure within set limits.
- Accountable to earn training hours annually to enhance knowledge sharing across functions, and for the training and development delivery of the trainees according to set SWI’s (Standard Working Instructions) and Maintenance procedures.
- Lead by example to maintain and improve high safety standards in accordance to QHSE procedures. Responsibility to enroll in safety tours and submit observation cards related to HSE frequently.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required by the Rotating Equipment Lead Engineer.
Academic & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering
- 5-6 years of power and desalinization plant work experience, or 7-10 years of proven working experience in Mechanical Engineer roles.
- Experience reading and designing Mechanical drawings and systems.
- Experience in Contract Management is an advantage
- On-hand experience performing Mechanical measurements, troubleshooting techniques, performance tests, and safety measures.