Responsible for all assigned pre-award contract administration functions. Provides technical guidance in the Supply Management Department including contract preparation, evaluation, negotiation and award of public works, operation and maintenance, consulting studies, design, and procurement type of contracts. Responsible for protecting the Client and Company interests in all contractual matters and ensuring the Client & Government Procurement Laws and policies and procedures are complied with as well as ensuring legal and contractual compliance in all contractual matters.
Major Activities Performed
- Supervises and provides technical guidance to contract Administrators on daily basis.
- Provides training, mentoring, legal and contractual guidance within the Supply Management Department regarding legal and contractual activities for the Client.
- Review contract administration work for correctness and policy and procedures compliance.
- Carry out the pre-award activities including pre-award schedule, provide the advertisement for tenders and participate in the pre-award meetings, evaluation, and negotiation process, including a functional role as Bid Evaluation Team Lead and Negotiation Team Leader.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; RFP and other legal or contractual packages as required.
- Advises on new and revised policies and procedures.
- Participates in the selection, training, and evaluation of personnel.
- Advises appropriate Manager on contractual matters and is the Principal Advisor at the project level concerning the strategy for and the conduct and recording of contract pre-award negotiations.
- Prepares the notice of award and notice to proceed.
- Serves as Acting Manager, Contracting Section as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Supply Management Department of contracting section.
Reports functionally to the Director, Supply Chain Management and directly to the Manager, Contracts Section. Provides support to the Supply Management Department in all contractual matters. Interfaces with the Royal Commission personnel and end users’ departments, Project Managers and occasionally Royal Commission Senior Management in supporting legal and contractual positions and negotiations with senior bidding personnel.
- Degree in Law or Construction Management/Quantity Surveying with a minimum of 12 years’ experience in construction ore-contract formation, negotiation and administration activities which include operation and maintenance, consulting studies, design and large value infrastructure type construction contracts.
- Experience must include a full range of public bidding activities, formation of bid documents, responding to bidders’ questions, issuing addendums, bid evaluation, leading meetings and negotiations of awards.
- Must be fluent in English writing, reading and speaking and effectively communicate regarding contract issues.
- Must have excellent writing skills, attention to details accuracy in work.
- Must also be computer literate and the capability to use MS Office for word processing presentation of spreadsheets, use of other analytical software tools.